Marshall Commits to Towson Lax

Nick Lorensen, Staff

Class of 2020 Midfielder Lindsey Marshall will be playing lacrosse at Towson University. She has attended CHS for the past two years and is one of three senior’s playing division one women’s lacrosse next year.  

Marshall has been playing in the Catonsville lacrosse system since age five and for Hero’s Lacrosse Club since fifth grade. Going into high school, Marshall verbally committed to Penn State. She played her first two years of high school lacrosse at Glenelg Country School in Columbia along with her fellow Catonsville teammate Anna Kearney. 

Last year, Marshall went insane. She had 54 goals and won 104 faceoffs. This was also the year where she decided to switch her future education plans. Her parents believed she made her choice too quickly, and Marshall also wanted to stay more local.  

Although she got big time offers from schools such as the University of North Carolina, Arizona State, and Michigan State, Marshall decided to go to one of the two Baltimore County Division One Schools, Towson.  

“It was a very long process, but it was really fun and interesting because it makes you feel like you’re wanted and marketable… it is also humbling at the same time because there’s multiple schools and normally want you,” she explained. 

Marshall’s sister Leah currently plays at Iona in New Rochelle New York. Last year, this Catonsville graduate led her squad in both goals and points. Her younger sister will try to continue the D1 dominance in the Marshall family. 

Marshall will try to help lead Catonsville Girls Lacrosse to their first state championship since 1996 this spring.