2019 NFL Mock Draft

2019 NFL Mock Draft

1. Arizona Cardinals (Cam) EDGE Nick Bosa Ohio State –The Cardinals can go many directions with the first overall pick this season and have many holes they need to fill. Many experts believe that Arizona will select Quarterback Kyler Murray and trade away Josh Rosen, but that is not necessary. Bosa is by far the best player in the draft and has pass-rushing abilities that very closely resemble his brother’s. (Chargers’ Joey Bosa who was the third overall pick in 2016). The Cardinals need help in lots of areas, but they cannot afford to pass up on this draft’s most talented player.
  2. San Francisco 49ers (Jack) EDGE Josh Allen Kentucky-Without the vast array of injuries that the Niners sustained last year, it is unlikely that they pick this high. The team desperately needs a pass rush, particularly from the edge, as it tied for 22ndin sacks last season. With Nick Bosa off the board, the Niners pick up the best pass rusher available, and that is Allen. 
  3. New York Jets (Nick) DTQuinnenWilliams Alabama- Williams, widely considered to be the best player in the draft, projects to be, arguably, the most pro-ready prospect in the draft, and forms a fearsome duo on the defensive line with Leonard Williams. 
  4. Oakland Raiders (Nick) DL Ed Oliver Houston-Oakland pretty much solved all their offensive needs through free agency, and most of the draft will be focused on defense. The Raiders have no defensive line depth and he was the mostdominant d-linemen in college football. He would be a perfect fit on coordinator Paul Guenther’s defense. 
  5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Cam) LB Devin White LSUFollowing the loss of Kwon Alexander, the Buccaneers need to fill the void left over by his departure. Devin White could immediately slide into that role and become productive. White’s measurables match up almost exactly with that of Alexander, and both also attended LSU. The similarities between the two are too close for the Buccaneers to pass up on. In White, they have the possibility of a franchise-caliber linebacker. 
  6. New York Giants (Cam) OTJawaanTaylor Florida – The Giants could use this pick to take a QB to replace Eli Manning, but they need to protect whoever is their signal-caller first. Jawaan Taylor has the ability and body structure to develop into a solid offensive tackle at the NFL level and protect whoever the Giants choose to be their new quarterback. (We’ll get to that later). Taylor stands 6ft 5in tall and 334 lbs which is the perfect stature for an NFLcaliber offensive tackle. Even though he is not the flashiest of selections, but he fills a great need for the Giants moving forward. 
  7. Jacksonville Jaguars (Nick) WR DK Metcalf Ole Miss-NickFoles has absolutely no targets as he enters Jacksonville, and Metcalf would be a perfect tall guy to throw it too. He has beefed up over the offseason and has the promise of being the strongest wide receiver ever. After an insane combine performance, Metcalf shot up draft boards and many believe he will be the first receiver drafted on April 23rd. 
  8. Detroit Lions (Cam) CB Greedy Williams LSU –The Detroit Lions need to add a defensive playmaker who they can pair with Darius “Big-Play” Slay as he ages. Greedy Williams can be such a player. Williams was able to match up greatly against top-tier SEC wide receivers such as DK Metcalf and Jerry Jeudy. If hehas the ability to play with Slay and gain some muscle (which he currently lacks). he could become a very good NFL cornerback. 
  9. Buffalo Bills (Jack) DT Rashan Gary MichiganThe Bills could go wide receiver or offensive line here to help their young QB Josh Allen, but with DK Metcalf andJawaan Taylor off the board, the Bills find their replacement for longtime defensive tackle Kyle Williams in Rashan Gary. Gary certainly has the physical and athletic traits to be the number one pick, but the production in college never met his immense potential. Hopefully Buffalo gives him the time to develop.  
  10. Denver Broncos (Jack) QB Drew Lock Missouri-This is a total John Elway pick. Big arm? Check. Tall? Check. Veteran college player? Check. While Joe Flacco might not be pleased with playing veteran stopgap yet again with a new team, Lock has Broncos written all over him. Pending a huge surprise, I would “Lock” in this pick.
  11. Cincinnati Bengals (Jack) OT Jonah Williams Alabama-With arguably the worst O-line in the NFL, look for offensive line, particularly at the tackle spot as their line is currently bookended by Bobby Hart, who graded out as one of the worst tackles in the league last season. Guard isn’t likely the pick here, since they lost starting tackle Cedric Ogbuehi in free agency. WithJawaan Taylor gone, Williams is the next offensive tackle off the board 
  12. Green Bay Packers (Cam) LB Devin Bush Jr. Michigan– The Packers have already spent loads of money on their defense including adding EDGEsZaDarius Smith and Preston Smith along Safety Adrian Amos. Devin Bush Jr could be another missing piece to the mess that was the Packers defense last year. Bush has the speed to and physical nature to be a force in the NFL. Even though he is undersized, he has the versatility to play all three of the linebacker positions. The Packers have holes to fill, and Bush is the best player available at one of those needs. 
  13. Miami Dolphins (Nick) OT Cody Ford Oklahoma-The Dolphins are currently tanking to get TuaTagovailoa. They have no solid right tackle, and to solidify that position in the future Cody Ford will be a great option. He was a third team All American at Oklahoma and was voted the best offensive tackle during the 2018 season. Ford could play anywhere on the offensive line and could fit any offense. 
  14. Atlanta Falcons (Nick) EDGE Montez Sweat Miss State-The Atlanta Falcons have a very young defensive line and Sweat would be a great addition to add to the young core. They need some interior defensive lineman and may push one of the 3 young ones inside.Sweat’s heart condition may be a concern to potential suitors, but it is not severe and should not cause him to slide too far. 
  15. Washington Redskins (Jack) QB Kyler Murray OklahomaIf he falls past no. 1, which is unlikely, I doubt he falls past here. The Redskins need a quarterback with Alex Smith’s potentially career-ending broken leg, so Murray fits that bill. The Redskins also need somebody to fix their sagging attendance problems and the electric Heisman trophy winner also succeeds at fixing that. If Murray isn’t available, which is very likely, look for them to go for a wide receiver here. 
  16. Carolina Panthers (Cam) EDGE Brian Burns Florida State– Brian Burns has been to by experts as a prospect who has the highest ceiling as a pass rusher. Following the retirement of longtime edge rusher Julius Peppers, the Panthers have a hole to fill. Burns has incredible size and length for his position, and even though his run defense is not fully polished, it will develop with time. If Burns is still on the board at 16, the Panthers must pounce on this opportunity to take a game changing playmaker.
  17. New York Giants(via Browns)(Cam) QB Dwyane Haskins Ohio State – The Giants desperately need to find a replacement for Eli Manning and GM Dave Gettleman has said he wants one through the draft. Haskins should be New York’s choice. Haskins has shown his ability to launch the ball deep down the field and be accurate with it. Haskins has the ability to become a top level starting QB in the NFL if he develops properly. 
  18. Minnesota Vikings (Jack) OT Andre Dillard Washington State-The Vikings surrendered 40 sacks in 2018 and keeping Kirk Cousins upright is vital for their success. With a revitalization of their running game likely under new Offensive Coordinator Kevin Stefanski, the offensive line is likely the focus here. Dillard is the best offensive lineman left on the board.
  19. Tennessee Titans (Jack) TE TJHockensonIowa– With 34-year old Delanie Walker fracturing his ankle in the season opener and their offense sputtering as a result, the Titans need a playmaker over the middle. GM Jon Robinson is jumping for joy that Hockenson falls past Tight End-needy teams like the Packers and Redskins 
  20. Pittsburgh Steelers (Nick) CB Byron Murphy Washington-The Steelers have some of the worst cornerbacks in the game. Artie Burns is just not going to cut it and although Steven Nelson was a good free agent pick up, he may have been a one season fluke. Byron Murphy’s slim and tall fit would be a great fit for the Steelers secondary.
  21. Seattle Seahawks (Nick) EDGEClelinFerrell Clemson- The Seahawks lost all their defense during last year’s season due to frustration and/or trades. Their defense line is completely empty and need to begin rebuilding it. Clelin Ferrell is a big sack threat, producing a good amount of tackles too. Their draft will be focused around defense and offensive line. 
  22. Baltimore Ravens (Jack and Cam) WR AJ Brown Ole Miss-With Willie Snead being the Ravens’ top returning wide receiver in turns of production this year, they need more options for second-year QB Lamar Jackson. While they need O-Line help and at EDGE, there is plenty of depth in the later rounds for selections like those. AJ Brown might not have the ceiling that his Ole Miss teammate DK Metcalf has, he certainly projects to be a starter almost immediately, and is arguably the most polished WR prospect in this draft. He also has experience playing with somewhat inaccurate quarterbacks, as he had his most productive season last year despite his QB, JordanTa’Amu only completing 56.7% percent of his passes against SEC-level competition. Other prospects like EDGE Montez Sweat or Clelin Ferrell might fall, or perhaps the Ravens could go OL with a pick like Cody Ford or Garrett Bradbury, or if Brown’s teammate DK Metcalf is there. The Ravens are also prime candidates to trade back and recoup the second round pick they traded to get Lamar Jackson last year. 
  23. Houston Texans (Nick) OL Garrett Bradbury NC State-Year in and year out, the Texans have had one of the worst offensive lines and have done nothing about fixing it. It all starts here with this pick. Lamar Miller hasn’t had a1000 yard rushing season since 2016. Deshaun Watson was also sacked a NFL leading 62 times.  
  24. Oakland Raiders(via Bears)(Nick) RB Josh Jacobs Alabama- Marshawn Lynch’s days are numbered in Oakland, and the Raiders have already filled in all the rest of their offensive needs. Jacobs is the best running back on the board this year, averaging 5.33 yards per carry. He is very explosive and can be a kickoff/punt return threat for the Silver and Black.  
  25. Philadelphia Eagles (Nick) WR Marquise Brown Oklahoma-The Eagles are a roster without many holes, so giving QB Carson Wentz a big play option to pair with Alshon Jeffery, especially with Golden Tate leaving to sign with the Giants. With Brown’s speed, they can have him line up in the slot to stretch the field. He has had back to back 1000 yards season at Oklahoma, including 1398 yards this year.
  26. Indianapolis Colts (Jack) DL Jeffrey Simmons Mississippi State-This is a best player available type pick for the Colts. Simmons was the top defensive tackle in the draft prior to his torn ACL, and the Colts can afford a stash pick. Also look for a defensive back or a safety to pair with Malik Hooker as well. 
  27. Oakland Raiders(via Cowboys)(Nick) TE Noah Fant Iowa- With tight end Jared Cook, their top receiving option last season, leaving for the Saints, the Raiders find their replacement in Noah Fant, whose big play capabilities as well as his blocking prowess should prove to be useful in head coach Jon Gruden’s offense.  
  28. Los Angeles Chargers (Nick) DL Dexter Lawrence Clemson-The Chargers defense is stacked but have no defensive tackles. An already solid Brandon Mebane, Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram line will just become stronger with theaddtion of Lawrence. His production has fell off since Freshman year, but he has upside to be a scary defensive threat for the Bolts.  
  29. Kansas City Chiefs (Jack) S Nasir Adderly DelawareSharpie in any defensive back here. Even with losing talent along the defensive line and EDGE, there is plenty of depth in that position in the later rounds. They need any and all help on the back end of their defense, particularly with new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo being well-known for his blitzing schemes.
  30. Green Bay Packers(via Saints)(Cam) DL Jerry Tillery Notre Dame – Same has their first selection in the first round, the Packers need to “beef-up” their defense. Tillery could be a great pickup for a Packers defense which needs improvement. Even though Aaron Rodgers needs weapons to work with on offense, defense wins championships. 
  31. Los Angeles Rams (Cam) DL Christian Wilkins Clemson– Christian Wilkins was able to flourish in his opportunity to showcase his skills in the College Football Playoff while teammate Dexter Lawrence was suspended. Wilkins could be a great second option when All-Pro DL Aaron Donald needs a breather. A pairing between Wilkins and Donald would also wreak havoc on opposing offensive lines as they could not afford to double team Donald anymore. Wilkins would be a slam-dunk selection at 31.
  32. New England Patriots (Cam) TE Irv Smith Jr. Alabama– Throughout last season, Smith Jr.displayed the ability to become a very good TE in the NFL as soon as he steps foot on the field. Smith Jr has the combination of blocking and route running that could easily be a replacement for Rob Gronkowski. Even though Smith Jr will probably not be at the same level as Gronkowski, he could still be very solid TE at the next level. 
  • 2019 NFL Mock Draft

What is the Child Development Class?

• 2019 NFL Mock Draft

CHS Prepares for ‘Test of All Tests’

• 2019 NFL Mock Draft

• 2019 NFL Mock Draft

• 2019 NFL Mock Draft

• 2019 NFL Mock Draft

• 2019 NFL Mock Draft

• 2019 NFL Mock Draft

• 2019 NFL Mock Draft

• 2019 NFL Mock Draft

2019 NFL Mock Draft