Cheap Sporting Events In & Around Baltimore

Jack Corcoran, Staff

Sometimes, you might want to take your family or friends out to the ballpark, football stadium, or basketball arena, but you find that you just can’t afford it. You might just decide to cut your losses and take them somewhere else, however, there are still plenty of options available in and around Baltimore:

Frederick Keys- If you want to take the family out to the ballpark on a beautiful Sunny Day, but don’t want to shell out the big bucks for a trip to Camden Yards, the Keys are a perfect compromise! They play at the beautiful Nymeo Field in Frederick, MD, where there are multiple concession stands, a fun zone for the kids, and opportunities for after the game for children to run the bases like their favorites Keys player. The average ticket price is only twelve to fifteen dollars; the box office also offers multiple game plans as well as season ticket plans.

Baltimore Brigade- If you love excitement, then this is the team for you! In the Arena Football League, the field is only 50 yards long and the offense mainly consists of the quarterback sitting in the pocket and throwing darts to receiving deep down the field, resulting in most games totaling over 100 points. Even with all this excitement, AFL tickets are still extremely cheap. Tickets can range anywhere from $10-150, and since the upper bowl is closed off during games, almost every single seat offers a phenomenal view of the on-field action. The Brigade also takes great advantage of Royal Farms Arena’s stage, offering a fun zone for fans of all ages to take part in fun games, and sometimes you can even sign yourself up for the half-time and in-game festivities.

Washington Mystics- While the WNBA game is a heck of a lot different than the way players in the NBA play, it is just as exciting, and the quality of basketball is just as good compared to men’s basketball. The Mystics play at the Capital One Arena in Washington, DC, home to the Washington Wizards and Capitals, as well. The arena is fantastic; and tickets are sold at considerably lower prices in comparison to their NBA and NHL counterparts, selling anywhere between $18-305, and all of the seats offer terrific views. The Mystics offer plenty of fun opportunities for the kids too, with days like camp day and opportunities to participate in half-time and timeout games.

UMBC- With the increased quality of play on the court, as well as the opening of their brand new events center, there is no better time than now to buy into UMBC basketball. New head coach Ryan Odom has transformed the team from single digit win totals to NCAA tournament contention. The tickets are insanely cheap as well; they can range from $8-10 to watch an actual solid Retriever basketball team for a change. Come and experience a new arena, and a new style of basketball!

Doing one of these many types of sporting events will give you a great day of fun and excitement for you, your family, and your friends–at a cheap price, too!

• Cheap Sporting Events In & Around Baltimore

We R Generation Z

Avengers ‘Infinity War’: Is It Really That Good?

How to Slam those AP Exams!

A Student’s Guide to Water Bottles

Girls Basketball Goes For Repeat

Juuling: A Complete Overview

Snow Days Pile Up