Aaron Judge: The New King

Patrick Brennan, Staff

Billy Joel sings, “It’s good to be a young man, and to live the way you please, yes, a young man is the king of every kingdom that he sees,” in “Somewhere along the Line.” This perfectly describes Aaron Judge, the top prospect who was finally homegrown from the Yankees Farm.

Judge is now the “king” of New York, as he leads the league with 18 homeruns and has a .324 batting average. He is doing all this even after the 100 AB marker that represents the adjustment period for pitchers against hitters. He has done all this at the age of 25.

To make it even easier for him is that the Yankee faithful are looking for the next captain to lead them to yet another World Series. Plus, his opponent in the home race, Mike Trout, suffered an injury that puts him out of the race for six weeks—so, he looks to be in the clear for the title.

The only fault Judge has is his glove. He is still a little shaky in the outfield, and his catching and judgement of fly-balls are a little iffy. With that said, his arm is extremely developed for his age. He is not a complete player yet, but with Trout out of the picture he is the new young star.

Aaron Judge has a long way to go, but he has great potential within him. The problem is that hype might be too great, and he never lives up to it. That said, he has more homeruns in a season than Ruben Tejada, the Orioles back-up shortstop, has in his 7-year pro career, so he has more homeruns than some players will ever get.

The path for Arron has three directions. First is that he becomes a bust, but he seems to be backing up his hype so far so that path seems doubtful. The second is that he becomes a one-hit (lol!) wonder, and he does great this year but never reaches this again and just becomes average. Finally is that he becomes a hall-of-famer. Not much to say about that one, only time will tell. For now he is a young man who is the king of baseball.

At least till Hunter Greene gets called up–but that is a story for another time.

• Aaron Judge: The New King

• Aaron Judge: The New King

• Aaron Judge: The New King

• Aaron Judge: The New King

• Aaron Judge: The New King

We R Generation Z

• Aaron Judge: The New King

Avengers ‘Infinity War’: Is It Really That Good?

• Aaron Judge: The New King

How to Slam those AP Exams!

• Aaron Judge: The New King

A Student’s Guide to Water Bottles

• Aaron Judge: The New King

• Aaron Judge: The New King

Aaron Judge: The New King