Darius Walters and Katrina Bucher

Time to start your stretching and tie your shoelaces! The Annual Catonsville High School Turkey Trot is fast approaching, and it’s a family fun event enjoyed by all. But if you’re still on the fence about signing up, here’s why you should and what you need to know.

The Turkey Trot is sponsored by the CHS Cross Country team, so you’re not only helping your health, but you’re helping a hardworking sports team. The 5K acts as a fundraiser for the team, and it’s one of their biggest events all year. 

Co-captain of the cross-country team Eva White urges people to run Thanksgiving morning not only for the exercise but the cool t-shirt. 

“Come out and support the cross-country team! You can burn off those pesky calories from your big dinner later, and we always have cool limited-edition shirts for the first hundred or so who sign up. Don’t wait!” exclaimed White. 

Other co-captain Sharon Kalb advises everyone to sign up as early as they can for the trot if they want to save as much money as possible, and thanks everyone for their continued support. 

“The prices for the fun run and the 5K increase the closer to the day of the race, so you should really get it out of the way and sign up early. This run brings in a lot of money for the team, and we really appreciate everyone spending their day to come out and run,” stated Kalb. 

While the aspect of contributing to the cross-country team is encouraging, it doesn’t excuse the fact that the race is 8 A.M on a Saturday. So, why else do people choose to go out and run in the chilly November air? 

Four-time 5K runner Jesse Bower loves seeing people from Catonsville that he normally doesn’t get to talk to. 

“It’s fun to run into your friends and neighbors on Thanksgiving. That’s one of the main reasons I run, while I do enjoy running, it’s a cool event that gets the whole community together,” explained Bower. 

In addition to the 5K run there is also a 1 mile “Fun Run”. This run welcomes kids and adults, even in strollers. 

Junior Felicity Voss loves participating in the fun run with her two-year-old sister, Lucy. 

“I run every year, and when my baby sister Lucy was born, I really wanted her to join the tradition with me. So, I take her on the fun run in her stroller. She absolutely loves it, the atmosphere of the Turkey Trot is awesome for that kind of thing,” explained Voss. 

Start a new tradition and sign up for the CHS Annual Turkey Trot! For more information and registration details, please visit the link below. 

https://www.active.com/baltimore-md/running/distance-running-races/15th-annual-chs-xc-turkey-trot-2018 

Darius Walters, Staff

Hi, I'm Darius. I am a junior at CHS. I love music and media analytics.

Katrina Bucher, Writer

Hi, I'm Katrina Bucher, a senior here at CHS. I love to play softball, golf, and hang out with my friends. I'm really happy to be writing for the school...

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

Valentine’s Day Clichés: No Way or OK?

• Annual Turkey Trot Returns to CHS

Stay Immune to Senioritis