Katrina Bucher, Staff Writer

The air’s getting cooler and school spirit is in the air. Homecoming week is fast approaching, and there are many ways to ring in the new school year. Whether it be your first or last high school homecoming, what should you do to make the most of it? 

If you have talent in dancing and choreography, get involved in your class dance! Each class every year organizes a dance to perform at the pep rally, and the more people the better.  

Senior Astrid Jensen has participated in her class dance every year, and she wants people to know that you don’t have to be good at dancing to participate. 

“I seriously have two left feet but being a part of the dance is so much fun. The moves are generally pretty easy, and I’ve made some great friends by being in the dance. Don’t knock it until you try it,” advised Jensen. 

But if dancing isn’t your calling, get involved artistically! There is so much to be done, such as decorating your class hallway. Each grade is given a hallway to decorate, and the senior class is given the grand staircase. It’s a great opportunity to be creative. 

Junior Felicity Voss always loves getting involved with decorating the hallway because it’s an opportunity to show her skills. 

“I love art, so making posters and streamers for my class hallway is always something I enjoy. I’ve done it every year, and it’s giving me some fun memories. It’s also really rewarding, decorating isn’t easy!” exclaimed Voss. 

Don’t forget about participating in the spirit week days, too. This year, the schedule for spirit week is as follows: 

Monday, October 29: Class Color Day 

Tuesday, October 30: Pink Out Day 

Wednesday, October 31: Character Day 

Thursday, November 1: Twin Day 

Friday, November 2: School Color Day 

There’re tons of ways to go all out for spirit week, and for cheap. Sophomore Fletcher Thomas recommends going to local thrift and craft stores to prepare for the week. 

“My friends and I always go to Party City to get cheap necklaces and face paint for class color day and school color day. Another good way to save money is to go to Goodwill or some other thrift store and buy cheap clothes for the week,” stated Thomas. 

Who could forget about the homecoming football game? This year, our Catonsville Comets will be playing Perry Hall High School, and the football team always enjoys a big turnout. 

Senior kicker Andrew McInerny encourages students to come out and support their team. 

“The team does so much better with a fun, full crowd on the bleachers. Even if you don’t like sports, come out to the game and have fun with friends and cheer on your comets,” stated McInerny. 

Last, but certainly not least, go to the Homecoming Dance! This year’s theme is Masquerade Ball, and it’s going to be a fun time for all. Tickets will be ten dollars and will be sold at all lunch shifts. 

Catonsville Student Government Association Member Morgan Waltz wants everyone to come and enjoy the dance. 

“The SGA (Student Government Association) works really hard on preparing the dance so everyone can have a good time. This year’s homecoming dance is going to be a lot of fun and will really set the mood for the school year. Bring some friends or a date and dance your socks off at the dance. It’s always a lot of fun,” encouraged Waltz. 

Homecoming week provides a lot of opportunities to make new friends, have fun with your class, and celebrate school spirit. Get involved and have a great week.

Katrina Bucher, Writer

Hi, I'm Katrina Bucher, a senior here at CHS. I love to play softball, golf, and hang out with my friends. I'm really happy to be writing for the school...

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

Getting to the Bottom of Crowded Hallways

• Make the Most of CHS Homecoming

CHS Got Milk?