Vicki Zhang, Staff

As you walk down the aisle, you feel proud and honorable with your gown and cap. You throw your caps up and holler with the pride of completing high school. Senior graduation is on top of us, and current seniors don’t have much school days left until graduation. This year, the graduation is on Friday, June 8, 2018 at 7 PM in UMBC. The official last day of school for seniors is Friday, May 25. 

Senior graduation takes a lot of preparation. Students must buy their own graduation gown and cap. They also have many rehearsals for this dignified event. But, how do the seniors in CHS feel to be graduating?  

Many are excited to finally achieve full freedom and move on to college. They are happy to be able to survive 4 years of high school. At the same time, they will miss their memories in high school.  

“I am excited to graduate, but it’s bittersweet. I’ve experienced so much throughout high school, and I’ve met so many people and mentors that have greatly impacted my life. But, I’m excited to see what the future, and college for that matter, holds for me,” senior Olivia Palmer explained. 

Senior Clare Smith is also ecstatic about the big day.  

“I am very excited to be graduating. I’m a little nervous and a little apprehensive, but overall I feel pretty good about it,” Smith stated.  

Seniors feel like they have learned a lot through the four years of high school. They believe they accomplished a lot due to the help of teachers and mentors throughout high school. 

“One thing I accomplished during high school was being recognized for my academic work through National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, and National Music Honor Society. I’ve also grown skill-wise on the violin, and learned about my deep fascination of history,” Palmer described. 

Many teachers also have mixed feelings on this big event. 

“I’m happy because it means we’re getting closer to summer vacation, but I’ll miss some of our amazing students.” Physical Education and Health teacher Nancy Bauer described.  

At the same time, teachers are proud of the many achievements the seniors have accomplished. 

“I’m absolutely proud of the way many of our seniors have stepped up and made significant contributions in their school and in their community. Many of our students are the catalysts for positive change in the world and I’m excited to see what life has in store for them!” Ms. Bauer exclaimed. 

The seniors went through a series of hardships and successes throughout high school. Now, they are moving on to college and their futures. 

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

Getting to the Bottom of Crowded Hallways

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

CHS Got Milk?

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

CHS Varsity Football Mid-Season Report

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

Wilde Serves as Temporary AP

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

Shaping Up Social Media Accounts for College

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

• 2018 Seniors’ Path to Graduation

We R Generation Z