How to Slam those AP Exams!

How to Slam those AP Exams!

Katrina Bucher, Staff Writer

Attention CHS smarties! AP tests are only two weeks away, and if you haven’t started prepping this story is for you. There are lots of ways to prepare for AP tests that suit different types of studying. 

Senior Walid Khan, AP veteran, swears by using flash cards for important terms. 

“I always make flashcards. They’re quick, helpful, and mobile. I’m taking the psychology test this year and there’s a lot of vocab for that class, so the flashcards really come in handy,” stated Khan. 

Senior Taneen Momeni agrees with Khan and explains the efficiency of flashcards. 

“Flash cards are fantastic for AP tests. They buckle down the important concepts and words of the class, and it makes studying a lot less scary. They allow you to only study the necessary material,” explained Momeni. 

If flash cards aren’t really your speed, there’s a lot of beneficial technology for AP test review. Junior Robbie Gorey advises students to look online for free practice. 

“Usually, old AP tests get released online, and they’re incredibly helpful. I did that for my World History exam, and I thought the practice tests were very similar,” commented Gorey. 

Another tech savvy way to study is videos. For people who don’t like to use printed material, there’s lots of video websites to your advantage. 

Junior Ava Metzbower talks about one of her favorite resources. 

“I love the website called ‘GetaFive’. The videos aren’t that long, and they make videos for a lot of different tests,” stated Metzbower. 

Junior Caroline Ingle also prefers videos, and she describes some valuable material that can be found on YouTube. 

“A really good resource is ‘Crash Course’ by John Green. He’s entertaining and knows his stuff about lots of AP topics,” explained Ingle. 

Of course, you shouldn’t ignore the classic review book. There is a plethora of review books for each AP subject, and they’re a great go to if you don’t know exactly how you want to study. 

Junior Eva White advises students to make sure they pick out the right review book. 

“There are tons of review books, and the best one varies by each subject. I check reviews online for each subject and buy the highest ranked, but The Princeton Review books are usually great,” commented White. 

So, use these study tips to your advantage and try something new this year. Stay calm, CHS, and slam those exams. 

Katrina Bucher, Writer

Hi, I'm Katrina Bucher, a senior here at CHS. I love to play softball, golf, and hang out with my friends. I'm really happy to be writing for the school...

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

• How to Slam those AP Exams!

How to Slam those AP Exams!