Warning: AP Season Approaching!

Warning: AP Season Approaching!

Katrina Bucher, Staff

Uh oh- there’s stormy clouds ahead. Cue everyone running away screaming out of the burning village. That’s right folks, we’re only a few months away from AP season, and everyone is hustling to prepare and make it out alive. 

AP tests mean a lot of different things for a lot of different people. Maybe you took the class to bump up your weighted GPA. Maybe you took it to get started early on college credits. Either way, AP tests are important and require a lot of attention. 

Senior Walid Khan values his AP classes to the extreme. 

“I focus on school so heavily and take every AP class I can. Sometimes I wonder if I even have a life outside of school and preparing for college,” stated Khan. 

Not only are they stressful academically, but they’re a strain financially. AP test run for about a hundred dollars a pop, and, with juniors and seniors losing GT options, that’s a lot of AP tests to pay for.  

Junior Jesse Bower stresses his concern with paying for all his AP finances. 

“This year I plan to take five AP tests, so I’ll end up having to pay almost $500. That’s insane,” stated Bower. 

AP tests have a reputation for being a particularly hard; it is a college level class and all. So, what’s the best way to prepare? 

AP Spanish 5 teacher Frank Masel describes the differences in teaching an AP class vs. a regular class, and how overall the strategies help your chance of passing an AP test.  

“In my AP class, we practice the different parts of the AP test, such as listening or doing practice essays. [Lots of] past year’s AP tests are online and students can always try to help themselves by responding to those questions and building good habits early,” explained Mr. Masel. 

There are also tons of resources available to students, such as review books and videos online, that AP veteran Eva White swears by. 

“There are so many helpful review books, my personal favorite is the Princeton Review, but there’s also tons of free online videos that are incredible helpful, like ‘GetaFive.com’ or ‘Crash Course'” stated White. 

So, get a head start and do your best on these stressful exams. While they may be hard, nothing’s impossible for a hardworking student. 

Katrina Bucher, Writer

Hi, I'm Katrina Bucher, a senior here at CHS. I love to play softball, golf, and hang out with my friends. I'm really happy to be writing for the school...

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Warning: AP Season Approaching!

Warning: AP Season Approaching!