Preview & Predictions for Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Adam Carroll, Staff

Who are Rey’s parents? Who is Snoke? Does Luke turn to the dark side? Will Rey become a Jedi or fall to the dark side?

Those are some of the many questions that many people started to wonder when they left the theater after watching the last Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens, the first movie in the sequel trilogy. The next chapter in the epic saga, The Last Jedi, is set to hit theaters in December 15th and fans hope that many if not all these questions are answered.

To recap what happened at the end of The Force Awakens, the Resistance destroyed Starkiller Base and Rey was able to find Luke Skywalker who had been missing since his new Jedi Order was destroyed on the planet of Ahch-To. The new movie will pick up from there.

Fans have been left with many questions about what will happen in the movie and have formulated many theories about those unanswered questions. One important plot point in the previous movie is about the main character, Rey’s family. They left her on the desolate planet of Jakku when she was just a little girl. The most popular theory is that she is Luke’s daughter. However, one problem is that it doesn’t seem like it’s in his character to just dump her off in some random planet with a stranger. He seems like a good-hearted guy.

Another problem is that, Luke grew up without his parents, but while that’s a similarity between the two characters, Luke was sent somewhere he had a connection to because he grew up with his aunt and uncle, so if he knew what it was like to be an orphan, why would he do that?

Other theories regarding Rey’s origins are that she’s Han and Leia’s daughter or that she’s related to Obi Wan Kenobi. The main problem with the former is that Han and Leia were constantly talking about their son, Kylo Ren. If they would also be talking about their daughter if they had one, so presumably, Kylo is their only child. The problem with the latter is that if Rey was a Kenobi, she would probably a distant indirect relation since Obi Wan was a Jedi and Jedi were not allowed to fall in love and get married, so his celibacy likely debunks this theory.

Rey’s family could be anybody and the only way to find out is to wait for December 15th.`

Another big question the fans have is who is Snoke, the Supreme Leader of the First Order. There have been many theories; some not that aren’t completely crazy such as him being some ancient Sith Lord or being a new character, while there are completely ridiculous ones like that Snoke is Jar Jar Binks.

However, based on what’s in the trailers and other evidence, Snoke is most likely just Snoke. The creators of this movie will likely not make a character someone else just because it’s a popular fan theory.

Regardless of what happens in the movie, fans are looking forward to the movie and are excited to find out what happens.

• Preview & Predictions for Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Expectations for the Last Jedi

Crazy Candy Cane Flavors Take Over Christmas

Alum Visit for 3rd Annual Career Day

The Journey with Braces

Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Spirit Week 2017 Recap

Comets Fall to Kenwood in Homecoming Match-Up

Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Top 10 Costume Ideas for Hijabis