Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

Katrina Bucher, Staff

Catonsville’s Frederick Road is full of great places to eat, whether it be for a nice night out or just hanging out with friends. From the old Catonsville Elementary Building to the Candlelight Inn, here are the best places to dine at in Catonsville. 

Atwaters 

A Catonsville favorite, Atwaters offers an assortment of home cooked sandwiches, soups, and baked goods, along with an amazing selection of coffee and hot drinks. It provides a great atmosphere for either going with friends and chatting downstairs, or studying and getting work done upstairs. You simply can’t go wrong with a muffin and a latte. 

Peace a Pizza/Babas  

This fun Catonsville hangout is the perfect combo of sweet and savory. Located on Mellor Ave near the new Catonsville Elementary, these two restaurants are under one roof, working together to create a fun, causal place for students to walk to after school. Peace a Pizza offers a wide variety of crazy pizza flavors, such as their famous Mac N Cheese pizza, salads, and pasta. After dinner, walk ten steps to Baba’s and grab either one of their huge home-made cookies or frozen treats.  

Farmhouse Greens 

Relatively new to Frederick Road, Farmhouse Greens offers a variety of healthier options for people who have a conscious diet. They cater to vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, and any other dietary preferences. Go on in and either create your own salad or protein bowl of your choice, or go just for one of their popular acai bowls. The comforting and calm atmosphere serves perfectly as a quiet place to work or a nice place to softly chat with friends.  

Black Kettle 

Also, relatively new to Frederick Road, Black Kettle offers a classy, elegant environment, perfect for a nice outing with the family or a date with that special someone. They offer healthy options as well as traditional, creative entrée and small plate options. If you’re looking for a nice time out without spending too much money, try Black Kettle. Make sure to make a reservation. 

Umami 

Travel the world in one meal at global bistro Umami. Perfect for a nice, sit down meal, Umami offers a variety of cultural foods from places such as Greek, Syrian, and more. Umami also appeals to vegan and vegetarians, as well as providing more than enough meat for the adventurous carnivore. Try something new; you never know what the world has to offer. 

Sprout 

Similar to Farmhouse Greens, Sprout is perfect for any vegan or vegetarian. Equipped with a juice and salad bar, you can order whatever you’d like at this modern Catonsville hangout. Grab a group of friends and chat after school.  

Francos 

This little Italian bistro is perfect for date night in Catonsville. This quaint restaurant offers amazing pasta dishes, but is also famous for their delicious brick oven pizza. While a little on the pricey side, the gourmet food is worth every penny.  

Katrina Bucher, Writer

Hi, I'm Katrina Bucher, a senior here at CHS. I love to play softball, golf, and hang out with my friends. I'm really happy to be writing for the school...

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road