How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Dexter Weinkam, Staff

According to the Vegetarian Resource Group, 1% (2.5 million people) are vegan. Most vegan people find it hard to get regular every day replacements for normal foods like eggs, meats, and many dairy products. With this amount of people in America, you would think there would be lots of alternatives and special recipes. Now you can imagine how little variety there is for vegans during holidays.

Being a vegan during most holidays is not the easiest thing to do; there is so much meat and dairy all around you, especially at Thanksgiving. Some vegan dishes are tasty and worth a try this holiday season. Many meal options are healthy for you and are good choices for this upcoming Thanksgiving.

Wild Mushrooms Croustades are a solid choice for a Thanksgiving appetizer; they contain healthy fats from olive oil combined with garlic, onions, and thyme. Slices of crusty French baguette make this dish the perfect comfort food in colder weather.

Sweet-and-savory, crunchy-and-chewy chips are as fun to eat as they are tasty. Cumin, cinnamon, and sugar dust tart apples for a surprising and healthy mix of flavors: Cumin has been shown to relieve indigestion and hypertension, while cinnamon has been shown to fight inflammation. This heathy appetizer is a much better choice than any other non- vegan pie you will have all thanksgiving. Roasted acorn squash stuffed with wild rice salad is so beautiful and filling; you may not need to serve anything else. Acorn squash gets roasted and then filled with a wild rice salad made with pecans, cranberries, basil, and the juice of two navel oranges. This meal may be a little more trouble to cook, but it will really blow you out of this world. These recipes can be seen on https://greatist.com/health/vegan-thanksgiving-recipes

Vegan gravy is key to the vegan Thanksgiving is a favorite recipe which includes mushrooms. It tastes so good with the turkey and mashed potatoes. This is such a good replacement and it brings its own flavorful taste to the gravy. This gravy is also much heather than the normal gravy.

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Expectations for the Last Jedi

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Crazy Candy Cane Flavors Take Over Christmas

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Preview & Predictions for Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Alum Visit for 3rd Annual Career Day

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

The Journey with Braces

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Spirit Week 2017 Recap

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Comets Fall to Kenwood in Homecoming Match-Up

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

• How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

Top 10 Costume Ideas for Hijabis

How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style