Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Ian Miller, Staff

Farmhouse Greens is one of the youngest restaurants to crop up in Catonsville and is the next generation of the farm-to-table food industry.  Using only local organic produce and non-steroid/non-antibiotic meats, the restaurant provides a fresh, somewhat pricey take on farm-to-fork concept. 

The menu and ordering system is confusing due lack of direction and overcomplication, but, ironically, the selection of an order is pretty basic: a customer can select a set menu item or the “make your own” bowl: select a base (rice, quinoa, lettuce, or noodle); select a protein (shrimp, ahi tuna, crab meat, turkey bacon, or one of several other options); and select 8 toppings (a wide assortment of veggies, fruits, and other toppings). Then comes the final selection of a dressing or broth. 

Prices on menu items range from $9.00 to $13.00 with additional avocado at $1.50(currently in a production crisis due to water shortages in California) and addition protein at $5.00. 

The melt in your mouth sushi-esque house-cured Ahi tuna was the best item on the menu; however, it’s an overpriced addition to an already overpriced salad bowl. It’s also an ingredient in the fan favorite Big Kahuna bowl which resembles a desconstructed spicy sushi roll. 

Their acai bowls also attract a lot of attention. A customer can choose from 4 different types of bowls, all varying in toppings such as coconut, blueberries, and granola, with a base of acai, banana, and almond milk. This refreshing light meal runs at a high $9.00 and is not quite filling enough to meet the price. 

Drinks range from soda beverages to melon iced tea to unconventional, yet, delicious cilantro lemonade. Drinks are priced at $2.50 

The food was very fresh, and definitely a healthy addition to anyone’s diet. The protein options tended to be very good, yet a little bit too salty. Overall, the food was delicious and in large portions, but not quite worth the price paid. Farmhouse Greens boasts “Healthy food and Happy Customers.” This is true, but only for those not on a strict budget. 

Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Tgiving Dinner: Home vs. Going Out

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Spirit Week 2017 Recap

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Comets Fall to Kenwood in Homecoming Match-Up

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Top 10 Costume Ideas for Hijabis

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Spirit Week Traditions, Rules an Annual Concern

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

High Schoolers and Their Lack of Sleep

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

New CHS Fall Play: ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Go Home Freshmen: Tradition or Torment?

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

• Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Review

Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review