Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

Katrina Bucher and Katie thor Straten

Halloween is quickly approaching, and people are frantically trying to figure out what they’re going to be. Worry no more! Here’s the top ten Halloween costumes for 2017! 

1. Pennywise and the Losers Club- It 

Of course, a sadistic clown had to be number one! The blockbuster horror movie “It” took theatres by storm, and you’ll definitely get a few scares if you dress up as the crazy clown Pennywise. If scary isn’t your speed, then dress like kids from the 1980’s and be the Losers Club with your friends. All you need is a graphic tee and jean shorts, and the bike the kids ride has a perfect basket for all the candy you’ll get. 

1. Moana 

This hit animated Disney movie was huge in theatres in late 2016, and if you’re looking for a tropical, easy costume, Moana is for you. The only pieces necessary are an orange patterned shirt and a flow beige tasseled skirt. People will be “making way” for you on the streets! 

1. Wonder Woman 

This powerful heroine is the perfect costume for girls this Halloween! “Wonder Woman” with Gal Gadot shattered records, and who doesn’t need a little female empowerment? All you need for this costume is a Wonder Woman costume from Party City, or be creative and make it yourself. Iron on a Wonder Woman symbol to a red shirt and wear a blue skirt, then grab your shield and grab some candy. 

1. Guardians of the Galaxy 

Here’s a costume idea for all those close friend groups! Do you and your four friends feel like being a little extra galatic? Dress up as Starlord, Groot, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, and Drax the Destroyer. For Starlord, you just need a red leather jacket, but for the rest, you’ll need your creativity to look a little more alien. 

1. Beauty and the Beast 

Okay lovebirds, this one’s for you! Embody true love this Halloween with your partner by dressing up as Belle and Beast from the groundbreaking musical that came out this year. For Belle, a flowy yellow dress is great, and for the Beast, well, I think you guys know what to do. Couple goals! 

1. Cast of Riverdale 

Add a little mystery to your costume this year! Grab your friends and create the Archie cast of this popular murder mystery teen drama. “Riverdale” premiered early this year, and is based off of the classic “Archie” characters. For “Jughead” just grab a crown beanie hat, Veronica is a fashionista from New York, Betty needs the “pink sweater good girl” look, and a red wig is good for Archie. 

1. Be Your Favorite Athlete 

Show people your tougher side and be your favorite athlete this Halloween! There’s lots of options for Maryland pride, like Ray Lewis, Michael Phelps, or Adam Jones! Just either get their uniform or dress up like a swimmer for a quick makeshift costumes. You could also dress up like the American girl’s gymnastics team, like Simone Biles or Gabby Douglas. The possibilities are endless! 

1. Scooby Gang 

Get a big group together and throw it back with the Scooby Doo Gang! The group needs a Velma, which is an orange sweater and a maroon skirt with glasses, Daphne, which is a purple dress with pink tights, Fred Rogers, with a white sweater and orange ascot paired with blue pants, Shaggy, which is a long green shirt with brown pants, and of course, Scooby, and all you need is a dog costume. You’ll ring in all the Scooby snacks this Halloween. 

1. Friends 

If Riverdale is too current for you, keep it classic and dress up as the “Friends” cast! Rachel, Ross, Joey, Phoebe, Monica, and Chandler all live in New York, but have drastically different personalities. Rachel has a specific hairstyle and loves fashion, Monica has dark hair and wears a lot of bright colors, Phoebe is blond and a creative dresser, Ross is nerdy and wears sweaters a lot, Chandler is goofy and wears a lot of collared shirts, and Joey wears a lot of big shirts and loose pants. With a little research, a true group of Friends can pull it off. 

1. Favorite Musician 

Musicians have a lot of creative looks, perfect for a Halloween costume, just look at Lady Gaga or Katy Perry! Dress up as your favorite musician this Halloween, like Chance the Rapper with his iconic “3” hat and denim, or Taylor Swift, with her new black dangerous image! You’ll definitely shock the crowd.  

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

Tgiving Dinner: Home vs. Going Out

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

Spirit Week 2017 Recap

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

Comets Fall to Kenwood in Homecoming Match-Up

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

Top 10 Costume Ideas for Hijabis

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

Spirit Week Traditions, Rules an Annual Concern

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

High Schoolers and Their Lack of Sleep

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

New CHS Fall Play: ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

Go Home Freshmen: Tradition or Torment?

• Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Review

Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017