Newest ‘Star Wars’ Expectations

Jack Morgan, Staff

As movie theaters around the globe prepare for the winter blockbusters, there is talk of new theories and predictions for the events that will take place in the last movie in the Star Wars Saga, bearing the name Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Fans from all over are eager to get their hands on tickets, but there are also people debating whether or not they want to go at all.

The Rise of Skywalker is expected to be a vibrant conclusion to the multi-million dollar franchise as seen through the teaser trailers that have been released over the past few months. But will the people really be satisfied when it’s all said and done? Will it live up to the fans’ expectations? How do the Star Wars addicts from across the world feel?

Many CHS student fans have high hopes for original “movie magic” as opposed to computer generated images, especially involving character creation.

“I’m hoping they can pull off Princess Leia’s character without using CGI. I think it would be more original and visually appealing,” junior Sean Nowak commented.

Clearly originality is a key factor when scripting and producing a movie, and other fans are saying they want a different kind of ending that isn’t seen very often.

“I kind of want to see and ending where the bad guy wins. It would make it more interesting than it already is,” junior Matt Shive explained.
So what does this mean about the previous sequels from 2015 and 2018? Have the previous movies impacted the people’s opinions?

“I’m eager to see the original characters like Lando Calrissian and Chewbacca,” junior AJ Yurkovich stated.

Junior Sam Galita disagreed.

The Last Jedi (the preceding film The Rise of Skywalker) has lowered my standards. I wasn’t very impressed with the plot and I’m not expecting anything too great with this new film,” he said.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is set to release on December 20th, 2019.