Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

Dexter Weinkam and Nate Henry

Fortnite Battle Royale, the free game mode by Epic Games, has amassed 10 million players in just 2 weeks. As of today, there are over 40 million downloads of the game.  The game was first released with a game mode called Save the World, which required you to kill zombies and build to protect from the undead. Save the World created some traction with a few gamers, but Battle Royale game mode exploded and is still on the rise. 

This game is a first-person shooter where 100 players go at each other at one time. Players must find the best gear first, so they can kill off the other player and gain their gear and loot. Players build huge towers to defend themselves and other players try to rush them.  

Fortnite is growing rapidly, everyone who plays it loves it for its unique emotes, which players can click on and it will give them a sticker to show their emotion kind of like emojis. Players can Dab, Break Dance and do some other cool dances if you want. Of course, most of the dances cost some money, but it is just a small but huge addition at the same time. This side of the game brings a silliness to the game and makes the game more likeable overall. 

If you have an XBOX, PlayStation, or a gaming computer, you have Fortnite. The game is just that popular. This is no fluke; the game has everything from shooting to building and even a “storm” that chases each player into a smaller circle. The storm can get annoying to some players when you must run during the whole game.  

The game could either be action-packed or just flat out boring depending on where you land. Some of the most popular places are Tilted Towers, Retail Row, and Pleasant Park–if you want kills you would go there, but maybe you want the Victory Royale (when you place #1 in a match). If you want a smooth and slowly boring game, you can go to a no name place and have a better chance of getting the Victory Royale. 

One of the best parts of the game is how anyone can play it and have fun in their own way.  It could be going on a kill rampage, camping for that Victory Royale, or building a giant base scaring away players and sniping from a distance. The age range on this game is hug; you have some 6-year olds playing having the time of their life, and then you have 30-year old professionals who are having a blast of their own. This is one of the more casual games out there, and you don’t need to have a full focus to enjoy the game. Many gamers on YouTube try to find silly trolls in the game which adds a little extra spice into the competition. 

This game overall may have a few glitchy areas like getting logged out of a game randomly which will annoy players, but new fixes are made day to day. The minor flaws in the game are not gameplay-related which is good, but just having these out of game glitches will ruin a player’s attitude towards the game.  

If you are a gamer and looking for a new fun creative game to play, Fortnite is the answer. Overall this is a game you would want to play if you are chilling and not wanting to take anything too seriously. The game is free anyways, so you might as well take a chance and play a quick match of Fortnite. 

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

Girls Basketball Goes For Repeat

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

Juuling: A Complete Overview

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

Snow Days Pile Up

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

The Death of the NCAA

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

Warning: AP Season Approaching!

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

Elza Wins Champions of Courage Contest

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

Is Peer Pressure Really a Thing?

• Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone

Just Decide to be Happy

Fortnite: A Free Game for Everyone