‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Repeats Successful Tune

Evan Pappas, Staff

Imagine you just got out of college, and the one thing you really love is taken away. Pitch Perfect 3 is a movie following a group of a capella singers “The Bellas,” in their journey to stardom after their right to partake in school competition is revoked. The girls go on a trip of disappointment and greatness as they fight for their right to sing. 

The movie has a well-known cast of actors and actresses such as Anna Kendrick, Ben Platt, and Rebel Wilson, to name a few. The women blend together magically just as they do in the two previous movies. Director Trish Sie organizes the movie in a fun and silly way; for example, when Fat Amy rips her pants, she gets a little more exposure for the Bellas than intended.   

The PG-13 flick is a good option for a family outing, or a date night. The movie grossed an impressive amount worldwide, sitting around 113 million. The movie was also filmed in the US, making it more appealing to patriotic citizens. 

This movie is fast moving, and a feel-good comedy. It’s an easy movie to watch and not have to think about, while also enjoying yourself. For a trilogy about a group of girls singing a capella in college, the director finds a way to stretch the plot in seemingly ingenious ways. After a second movie is already made, the writers still find jokes to crack (usually at the expense of Fat Amy). Anna Kendrick always is cracking jokes, even when the Bellas know they must separate, and go their separate ways. 

Pitch Perfect 3 was expected by many to be a flop. The sequel had more potential, but a third movie? This movie does a great job of using the same humor as in the first two, but in fresh ways so the audience isn’t bored, like when the Bellas wreck DJ Khalid’s party, the very man they intended to impress. 

The dance scenes are also quite impressive, as the director uses lights, lots of movement, and many camera angles to create big and jaw dropping exhibitions of the actresses’ talent, especially in the scene where the Bellas have a patriotic dance to show off their talent in their last hoorah.  

If you are looking for a drama with an intricate plot to wrap you in anxiety and wonder, this may not be the movie for you. But, if you’re goal is to have a fun night out and see a feel-good movie you won’t regret, Pitch Perfect 3 might be the movie for you. 

• ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Repeats Successful Tune

Juuling: A Complete Overview

Snow Days Pile Up

The Death of the NCAA

Warning: AP Season Approaching!

Elza Wins Champions of Courage Contest

Is Peer Pressure Really a Thing?

Just Decide to be Happy

Concussion Protocol’s Impact on Players

Do Interims Really Matter Anymore?

How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions