Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

Mona Kessy, Staff

Sandbox is a fun, color-coordinating game that anyone can play. It’s simple: basically, you color in a picture.

Let’s say that you pick a flower to color in. The app will give you numbers at the bottom of the screen that match the numbers in the picture, and for each number there is a color. From there, you color the picture based on the numbers. The picture you start coloring automatically saves if you color in more than fifteen numbers.

You can find your saved pictures when you scroll your screen to the left. The option of sharing your picture is offered once the picture is completed; you can either send it to a friend or post it on Instagram and Facebook.

Although the game has no glitches or errors, there are some disadvantages to the game. The Sandbox game is free at the app store; however, most of the pictures require a weekly or monthly pay in order to color the drawing. Those drawings usually have a heart on the bottom right corner and are the ones with best quality or the ones that are most appealing.

A good time to play this game is really whenever you feel bored or when you need to waste time. Don’t play this game in class; it is really hard to stop once you start, especially when keep telling yourself “I’m just going to finish this one.”

Another place not to play this game is in a moving vehicle or when walking. It is pretty hard to color in a number when not in a stable place. You end up coloring in the wrong numbers and its really annoying you have to go back and find the right color and fill in that number again.

The best images In most occasions are the ones you have to pay for, or the ones that have a lot of numbers making it harder to complete.  At least ten pictures are released every day–five in the morning and five more in the evening. The ones that have to be paid for are the ones with the heart on the bottom right corner; they are the ones with more detail.

The most recent one is picture of a woman’s face and is very detailed compared to the free pictures. Another picture similar to this is also one of a detailed woman; the difference between the two is that one came out three weeks ago and was free, but the level of detail and concentration still remains the same. Lots of people look forward to a detailed picture every now and then because It not only looks real, but also because it gives off a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction after working on it for an hour.

The app hasn’t made any updates bigger than bug fixes and technical modifications since its release in July, but in the middle of this month the update that released made the pictures even

more tempting to complete. The new update allows some pictures to move after its fully colored in.

Compared to the app “Recolor” coloring book, the Sandbox game has a higher rating and views. The “Recolor” app gives you choices on how you want to color your picture and even choices that allow you to draw your own picture. The Recolor app is most commonly used by artists and people who are experienced in art; this is why Sandbox has more users. The game is simply satisfying, while the Recolor game takes more concentration and time.

This app is a really simple game to use.  Ages three and up can use it, and the game can be played on any touch screen device. In fact, it is easier to color the pictures on a bigger device, but the burden of carrying such a device can be exhausting.

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

Expectations for the Last Jedi

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

Crazy Candy Cane Flavors Take Over Christmas

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

Preview & Predictions for Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

Alum Visit for 3rd Annual Career Day

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

The Journey with Braces

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

Spirit Week 2017 Recap

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

Comets Fall to Kenwood in Homecoming Match-Up

• Sandbox: Color by Number Fun

Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Sandbox: Color by Number Fun