Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

Nate Henry, Staff

If you haven’t seen the award-winning film Finding Dory your missing out. It shows the adventure of Dory trying to find her parents  going through the different challenges that lies in real life environments in a very exiting fashion. In The 2016 movie Finding Dory” it follows a blue tang fish, voiced my Ellen DeGeneres. Finding Nemo being a childhood classic for most, finding Dory is a must see. With a rating of 94% on Rottentomatoes.com and being ranked #3 of highest grossing films of 2016 it is a movie to see.  

It tells the story of Dory losing her parents at a young age. As she grows up she tries to find her family but has a hard time due to short term memory loss about every 10 seconds. She runs into marlin (from the first film, Finding Nemo) and he helps her through the adventure. 

Dory ends up living with Marlin and Nemo and has a flash backs about her parents. Dory still suffering with short-term memory loss she has a hard time remembering everything. After nemo mentioning it she remembers that her parents lived in Morro Bay in California. 

With the help of their sea turtle friend Crush they make their way to Morro Bay 

When they arrive, Dory gets captured and then is sent to an institute. She gets help from an octopus named Hank and escapes. Another blue tang fish tells Dory that her parents escaped from the institute she was in.  

Hank retrieved dory from the tank and left Marlin and nemo behind. Hank accidentally drops Dory down the toilet. She’s flushed out to the sea, wandering around she sees a trail of shells. She remembers her parents left a trail of shells at her old house. Dory sees her parents in the distance. They tell her that they’ve been leaving trails for her to find for years. 

They go back to rescue Marlin Nemo and Hank by getting onto the truck going to the Cleveland aquarium.  They free all the fish and find their way back to the reef. 

The CGI in the movie is great. The graphics and realism are amazing, really showing what they can do. The movie by Pixar is one of their best.  

The way Pixar shows the ocean environment and how realistic they can make it look is very thrilling to watch throughout the whole film. 

Ellen DeGeneres voicing Dory, Albert Brooks voicing Marlin, Hayden Rolence voicing Nemo the starting voice cast is infamous for films in the same genre from Finding Nemo 

Even though the movie is geared towards a younger audience, it still has values that apply to any age group. 

The characters often show morals and emotions that apply to most viewers.  

Bringing in $200 million in just the first week of its release, it definitely speaks for itself. 

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

Tgiving Dinner: Home vs. Going Out

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

Spirit Week 2017 Recap

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

Comets Fall to Kenwood in Homecoming Match-Up

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

Top 10 Costume Ideas for Hijabis

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

Spirit Week Traditions, Rules an Annual Concern

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

High Schoolers and Their Lack of Sleep

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

New CHS Fall Play: ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

Go Home Freshmen: Tradition or Torment?

• Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look

Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

Giving ‘Dory’ Another Look