Loving Your Body

Rose Benny, Staff

Let’s face it, it’s not easy to love every single part of your body. And, no matter what shape or size, most people, especially women have a hard time completely loving their body at all. Many people see the “perfect” body in movies, magazines and in the media. But in real life not everyone has the so called “perfect” body, and there are so many diverse and unique bodies in real life.

The media is one of the biggest reason why people feel pressured to look a certain way to fit into the society. The media makes you think that the way your body is determines what kind of a job you will have and how good of a partner you would get and how popular you’re going  to be.

Social media has done many good things like help people connect virtually to make a point and send a message out to voice their opinions, but in terms of  body acceptance, social media makes you want to have an hour glass figure, a curvy body, and a bigger butt. This makes people want the “perfect” body, but in the end it leaves you with eating disorders, anorexia, social withdrawal, loneliness, and depression.

A woman with perfectly proportioned face and flawless face looks directly at you and says phrases like “fine line,”  “wrinkles,” and “dark circles.” These words have power and can touch those who are insecure; it will make them stop and look at themselves in the mirror and relate to the women in the advertisement. Advertisements like these make women pressured to look like the airbrushed, professional women in TV and magazines. Women feel the need to enhance their features to be beautiful.

Many  people fail to realize that the bodies they see as “perfect” as shown by models and celebrities are photo shopped, how are you going to get a body that never existed in the first place?

Men and women think that they need to look like models and celebrities so that the society will accept them. You need to be fit and need an hour glass figure so that you can be loved, that’s the message we all receive.

Naturally people come in different shapes and sizes and that’s okay. If you’re a large person, you need to set an example to other people who might be struggling to embrace their body. You need to focus on your health more than your weight.

Real beauty is being generous, loving, caring, and courageous. Respect yourself for who you are: this is a goal anyone can reach if he or she tries.

In order for you to truly love your body, you need to know that you are okay the way you are, that you are a unique person, and you don’t need to be like others for the satisfaction of the society. Perfection is just a myth and looking for it is just going to be a waste of time.

Instead of trying to meet the impossible standards of society, find the real you in you and accept and be comfortable with the real you.

• Loving Your Body

• Loving Your Body

• Loving Your Body

• Loving Your Body

• Loving Your Body

• Loving Your Body

• Loving Your Body

• Loving Your Body

• Loving Your Body

• Loving Your Body

Loving Your Body