Color Run’s a Sprinting Success

Color Run’s a Sprinting Success

Darius Walters, Staff

The annual Color run at CHS was a sprinting success. The Color Run is a 5krun during which participants are covered in tons of different colors, resulting in colorcoated white t-shirts for the participants. This year’s Color Run had about 100 participants and about 30 volunteers.   

“I like to run, and I figured it would be fun; It was really well organized, it had a good turnout, and most importantly it was fun. It’s a good way to get out on a Saturday. I’d recommend anyone to participate next yearit’s amazing,” stated freshman Claire Broadhurst 

Along with the many participants from the community, many students helped out with the color throwing, cone setting, and material management. 

“I sprayed people with color and helped clean up afterwards. I thought volunteering would be a fun experience, plus I’m always down to help.” stated junior Andrea Shaji. In fact, she’s helped two years in a row. 

“I’d recommend anyone to volunteer to help at next year’s run, its really fun,” Shaji stressed. “I did it last year and loved it, so I wanted to do it again and bring some friends to experience this volunteering.” 

The color run is run by math teacher Rebecca Mello.  

“Last year when I started being the class advisor for the class of 2021, I started looking up fundraisers and, this one just kind of fell in my lap. So, I investigated the company, and it’s really cool; they do everything for us, and we just pay for the supplies,” explained Ms. Mello. 

This event raises money for the class of 2021; it helps pay for their prom and other activities. Other than that, it’s also a bonding experience for people, and a lot of the community members enjoy it,” she continued.