Sleep More or Look Good?

Sleep More or Look Good?

Emelie Ingle, Staff

Many students spend the majority of their mornings sleeping in and repetitively snoozing their alarms to get more sleep. But to other people, it’s more important to wake up early to do their hair, or pick out clothes, or maybe do their makeup.

On average people spend about 45 minutes to an hour to get ready for school or work in the morning. Although studies show that teenagers should be getting 9 hours of sleep, that’s not always how much they actually get.

“I normally get a solid five hours of sleep on a good night. But I’m always tired in the morning, no matter how much sleep I get,” mentioned freshman Olivia Landriscina.

Many students can agree that they need and want more sleep, but would they be willing to lose time to get ready just to get more sleep?

“I prefer getting more sleep in the morning because I usually don’t care how I look, and sleep is more important to me,” added freshman Sophia Rivera.

If students decided to wake up earlier and sacrifice the extra sleep, they would have more time to do things in the morning. They would have more time to get themselves ready for school but also to do extra things.

“I would have time to eat a good breakfast, take care of pets, or also finish homework that I fell asleep doing the night before,” freshman Megan Kehrman shared.

It’s hard to find the motivation in the morning to do things like this, but it is very important to some people.

What would you rather have in the morning- time getting ready or sleeping in?