New Year’s Resolutions at CHS

Maia Adeoye, Staff

Resolutions are made every single New Year’s Eve. They give us something to work up to. The new year is the perfect time to pick up a new hobby or get rid of a bad habit.  

With another year fast approaching, it’s time to get some inspiration for what to change next year. What should be left behind in 2018?  

Hobbies. The things we love to do in our free time. We constantly pick up new ones and lose old ones. The new year can be the best time to do a full clean up and learn what hobbies are worth keeping.  

Freshman Devlin Chrystal plans to take up a new sport. Chrystal is a great hockey player and wants to explore something new.  

Others want to expand their world. 

“I’m German, but I can’t speak the language… I just want to embrace my heritage,” sophomore Shelby Meek explained. 

Habits. We all have them and they’re great when they allow us to be more productive. There are some habits, however, that we need to ditch.  

Junior Sierra Sikes plans to “stop snacking as much.” Getting slim for the new year is always a good goal, especially when it’s an achievable goal.  

Reassessing priorities is also another type of resolution. 

“I spend a lot of time with my friends and not my family. Family comes first, you know?” sophomore Samantha Ferguson shared. 

Events. There were a lot of events and movements in 2018. Some promoted progressive topics and aided in society going in a good direction. Some led to an uproar on social media and ended in disaster.  

“We have lost a lot of great people this year and I feel like it is important that we always remember them and the things they have left behind,” sophomore Matthew Waltz elaborated on his plans to remember all the great people lost in 2018. 

All in all, 2018 is coming to an end. Rather you think it’s been a great year or the worst, 2018 was a year of change. 2019 might be a year of change as well, who knows? What do you plan to change in 2019?