Christmas Events in Baltimore

Christmas Events in Baltimore

Ashley Metzbower, Staff

Here in Baltimore there’s a plethora of things to do and events to go to around the holidays. To get into spirit, here’s a list of activities/events that can be attended. 

Miracle on 34th Street / Hampden Lights is from November 24 – January 1. During this event people walk through 34th Street, where everyone’s house is lit up and decorated for Christmas. The lights will be on from around 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm every night except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day when they stay on all night. Santa walks around the street and hot chocolate is sold. The decorations on the outside of houses are always personalized. There’s a Christmas tree made out of hubcaps and another constructed from records. Baltimore icons like Natty Boh and Utz characters appear in colorful lights. 

On Saturday, December 1, the Baltimore Parade of Lighted Boats occurs at 6 pm. The parade, which usually consists of more than 50 vessels, benefits the Marine’s “Toys for Tots” annual Christmas campaign. The parade is organized by the Fells Point Yacht Club and located at the Inner Harbor. Participants decorate their boats with lights and various festive holiday decorations for people to watch and enjoy. The path of the parade goes around the whole harbor with the boats being as close to the pier as possible.  

At 1 pm Sunday, December 2 there is the 46th Annual Mayor’s Christmas Parade. The parade includes many floats, both big and small, local TV and Radio broadcasters, Harley Davidson motorcycles, marching bands, Miss Yuletide and Jr. Miss Yuletide, many dancers and of course Santa. It’s a great way to get people excited around Christmas, with all the music, people, and loudness. 

The Monument Lighting takes place Thursday, December 6, from 5-8pm in Downtown Baltimore with live performances by local artists, and a firework display to end the night.  

On December 10 at the American Visionary Art Museum on the third floor, they hold Sock Monkey Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm. Bring 2 clean pairs of socks, one to create your own sock monkey and one to donate, and a pair of scissors. Directions, along with helpers, and other necessary materials to successfully create a sock monkey are provided. Bring a friend and enjoy the Christmas music and their company, while creating a one of kind stuffed animal.  

The Symphony of Lights Drive through is from November 22 – December 30, 6-10pm, at Merriweather Park in Symphony Woods. The Symphony of Lights is the largest annual fundraising event benefitting Howard County General Hospital. Admissions are $25 per vehicle. Drive through a display of more than 100 larger-than-life animated and stationary holiday light creations, in the comfort of your own car.  

There is also of course ice skating at the Pandora Ice Rink at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor with a cost of $10 and $4 for skate rental. From December 22nd through December 29th they are open from 10am to 11pm, except from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

Ashley Metzbower, Staff

Hi, I'm Ashley Metzbower, and I'm a sophomore here at Catonsville. I enjoy writing and I'm excited to be able to do so in the school newspaper!

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

• Christmas Events in Baltimore

Christmas Events in Baltimore