Sports Team vs. Time

Li Chen, Staff

Students are dismissed from their last period class at 2:15 pm every day. The average bedtime for high schoolers is 10:00 pm which means they have at least seven hours to do any chores or homework that they have to complete. Studies show that students only spend up to an hour on homework each day. This means that they have six hours of free time, but when they are on a sports team, that time can be eaten up quickly. 

“I play basketball after school, and finish chores and school work that I didn’t have time to do finish in school. Before the basketball season was over I used to have practices till 5:30 and go to a gym afterwards until 8:00,” shared freshman Biak Ceu. 

Students who play for a school sports team normally have practices after school every day, and the practices usually last up to two hours. Even if students don’t play for a school sports team, they can still be physically active by being on a recreational sports team. 

“I play ps4, go to the mall, and hang out with friends on my free time. After school I normally do my homework, go outside and bike around. On the weekends I have more time and can balance out my schedule, so I don’t have to rush to get an assignment or homework done,” freshmen Connor Vargas explained. 

Students free time is precious, so they must get better at time management to use it wisely. A lesson student learn over time in high school is to manage their schedule and have an agenda. 

“I hoop with my friends and teammates then, when I’m home, I play Fortnite. I can balance out my schedule to finish all the things I have to do. Even during basketball season, I was able to keep my grades up and never had issues with time management,” junior Jaylen Jones explained. 

Students who are a big sports fan consider engaging in a sport as using their free time wisely, so it wouldn’t be a waste of time to them. Sports can reduce peer pressure and stress by letting it all out on the sport and not being bothered by whatever that is on your mind. 

“I have basketball training 4 days a week and play HYBA. I’m committed to basketball, so it doesn’t affect me that I spend several hours on it to improve on my skills, said freshmen Logan Lentz. 

• Sports Team vs. Time

• Sports Team vs. Time

• Sports Team vs. Time

• Sports Team vs. Time

• Sports Team vs. Time

We R Generation Z

• Sports Team vs. Time

Avengers ‘Infinity War’: Is It Really That Good?

• Sports Team vs. Time

How to Slam those AP Exams!

• Sports Team vs. Time

A Student’s Guide to Water Bottles

• Sports Team vs. Time

• Sports Team vs. Time

Sports Team vs. Time