5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

Daisy Arroyo, Staff

When you’re just starting to do makeup, you need some reliable makeup brands to buy from. There are so many brands out there, and many of them are consistent and reliable.  

1. ColourPop 

ColourPop is an extremely affordable online makeup brand. They have a variety of colors for eyeshadows, highlighters, and even eyeliner. Although you can only purchase their products online, it’s worth the wait. Products like eyeliner, lipstick, bronzer, and eyeshadow range from the prices of $5-$8. You pay very little money for pigmented and long wear makeup that you will not regret purchasing. They even sell bundles of lipsticks and facial products that range from the prices of $12-$20.  Although Colourpop doesn’t have too many out of the box, you’re paying drug store prices for high end products.  

2. KatVonDBeauty 

Kat Von D is on the higher end of the price range, but it’s worth the splurge. Kat Von D has a wide range of lip colors and foundation shades. Kat sells 44 shades of lip colors in her liquid lipsticks alone, 40 shades in bullet lipsticks, and they even sell 30 foundation shades. Although her lipsticks go for $20 a pop, they’re great quality products. There are 0.22oz/6.6mL of product. These lipsticks stay on for 24 hrs, and all KVD’s products are vegan and cruelty-free. This brand is exclusive to Sephora and the Kat von D beauty website, so it’s easier to swatch the products in person at a local Sephora rather than relying on the internet.  

Kat von D Beauty has many practical and everyday wear products. Normal face base products are sold like contour kits, setting powder, and concealer. The shade and light contour palette is cult classic among makeup wearers. Not only does this brand have routine products, but there are also some non-conventional products as well. There are wildly colored lipsticks like greens and blues and purples for those who want to go for the bolder look. They even came out with a palette recently that was a tribute to the late great drag queen, Divine. The palette consists of bright greens, blacks, and blues. Although Kat von D is for those who want to have more out of the box makeup, it’s very inclusive and worth the hype.  

3. Fenty Beauty  

The acclaimed line created by R&B star Rihanna made history when it was released. This brand came out with 40 foundation shades creating a shade for everyone. Fenty’s brand believes in making something for everyone. Their stunna lip paint in “Uncensored” is said to be a red that flatters all shades of people. This brand is a high-end brand but usually with high end brands; you pay more for better products. And in Fenty’s case, that’s true. Their foundation is long-wearing with a light formula that sits well on the skin and works well with any skin types. Fenty is famous for the killiwatt highlighter in “Trophy Wife” that really broke the internet. It’s their best-selling highlighter. This highlighter does cost $34, just like the foundation, but, hey, you’re paying for 0.28 oz/ 8.0 g of product. Along with these “ride or die” products, Fenty also sells bright galaxy-themed lip glosses, lipsticks, and eyeshadow palettes. This is a fun, shade inclusive beauty brand that any makeup lover would appreciate.  

4. Smash Box 

Smash Box is a generally solid brand. Although there aren’t any products that are unique to this brand, all the products they sell are great quality and they’re all consistent. They sell everything from face and eye primer, to foundation and concealer, to lipsticks and eyeshadows. This brand is also on the higher end side, but you’re paying for a trustworthy consistent brand. They sell longwearing liquid lipsticks that go for $24, there are 0.13 oz/4mL so you’re paying for both quality and quantity.  

5. Sephora Collection 

The Sephora collection makeup is another cheap reliable brand. You don’t have to worry about online shopping because all the makeup sold with the Sephora collection is at your local Sephora. It’s very easy to swatch makeup to know how it looks on your skin, so you know what you’re buying when you buy it. Sephora sells bullet lipsticks for $8 and liquid lipsticks for $14. There are 0.169 oz/5mL of product in the liquid lipsticks, which is more than what Smash box has. And the bullet lipstick has .14 oz/4g. You’re getting more product than you think with the Sephora collection. Not only are you getting more product than some high-end brands, but they’re also reliable products that are worth spending money on.  

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

We R Generation Z

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

Avengers ‘Infinity War’: Is It Really That Good?

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

How to Slam those AP Exams!

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

A Student’s Guide to Water Bottles

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

• 5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands

5 Most Reliable Beauty Brands