Winter Fashion at CHS

Denaijy Dorsey, Staff

CHS is a very diverse high school with many viewpoints on fashion. Some students dress how they feel, others dress based on the weather outside, and many don’t put too much time and effort into outfits because they’re just not pressed about how they’ll look.  

An example of someone that dresses in a relaxed type of style with sweats is senior Milan Pandey, 

“I usually wear a sweatshirt, long sleeves, jeans or sweatpants. I like to wear windbreakers, they’re cool,” said Pandey. 

A lot of people share this commonality of dressing laid back and to comfort 

“I wear a lot of hoodies and sweatshirts. I wear UGGs because they are really comfy, and it feels like I’m walking on clouds,” junior Emma Alvarado chuckled.  

What people wear can tell you a lot about that person, whether they’re into matching or just want to be comfortable. Others are a little bit more careful with their outfits, trying not to repeat the same outfits too often like Ellie Curtin. 

“I pretty much wear the same jeans or some leggings, and these white converse everyday. I like to wear sweaters, but I try not to repeat outfits too often,” Curtin said. 

Dark colors are the way to go when it comes to senior Amina Ahmed. Dark colors are very mutual colors and can be worn anytime. 

“I wear sweaters, jeans, leggings, and boots. I tend to wear dark colors during this season, and I don’t usually put much thought and effort into my outfits,” Ahmed stated. 

Some popular places that people in this particular age group shop for clothing at tend to be Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Hollister, American Eagle, and lots of other places. Everyone has their own unique style, and everyone also puts a different amount of effort into what they wear and what colors to wear. They take in consideration the colors to match with that season, like Beverly Bolster. 

“I wear lots of sweaters, boots, jeans or leggings, and sweatshirts. I tend to wear grey, black…some blue and some fall red colors,” Bolster explained. 

The season has so many trendy fashions among the different age groups, the different personalities, and the wide variety of clothing available. People can show their personality through their fashion sense whether chill and laid-back or well-planned out for the weather, the season, or their current mood. 

• Winter Fashion at CHS

Expectations for the Last Jedi

• Winter Fashion at CHS

Crazy Candy Cane Flavors Take Over Christmas

• Winter Fashion at CHS

Preview & Predictions for Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

• Winter Fashion at CHS

Alum Visit for 3rd Annual Career Day

• Winter Fashion at CHS

The Journey with Braces

• Winter Fashion at CHS

Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Winter Fashion at CHS

How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

• Winter Fashion at CHS

Spirit Week 2017 Recap

• Winter Fashion at CHS

Comets Fall to Kenwood in Homecoming Match-Up

• Winter Fashion at CHS

Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Winter Fashion at CHS