Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

Gabby Douglas, Staff

As we approach the winter season, the perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit is to watch the best Christmas movies around! 

In between decorating the tree, baking cookies, and shopping for gifts, we have the best Christmas movies to get you into the mood for the jolly, fun-filled holiday.  

Some Christmas movies you’ll absolutely love this Christmas season are A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Polar Express, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and The Year without a Santa Claus. 

A Charlie Brown Christmas is great if you are looking for an adorable movie that never gets old. 

A Charlie Brown Christmas is a beloved classic. Charlie Brown directs a Christmas play and gets a tree to decorate in hopes to get rid of his Christmas blues. Everyone one makes fun of the tree until the true meaning of Christmas relieves itself and brings everyone together. 

If you are looking for an adventure filled classic full of self-discovery and believing then The Polar Express is perfect for you!  

The movie is about a young boy who begins to doubt Christmas. He takes an adventurous journey on a train and is shown that life is full of wonder for those that believe.  

How the Grinch stole Christmas is a heart-warming classic.   

How the Grinch stole Christmas is a great movie that shows the Grinch’s growth and ability to change with the extraordinary spirit of Christmas and the influence of a young girl, Cindy Lou Who. 

If you are looking for a funny, song-filled movie then The Year Without a Santa Claus is the way to go.  

In the movie two elves try to save Christmas after Santa Claus decides to take the year off.  

Students love the holidays and the Christmas season wouldn’t be the same without the amazing movies.  

“I love watching the 25 day of Christmas movies on ABC Family,” sophomore Luci Clark stated. 

Although all Christmas movies are enjoyable, there are always the favorites that have to be watched time and time again. 

“I watch It‘s a Wonderful Life every year, it’s my favorite Christmas movie,” junior Emily Ames stated.  

Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, the movies are still extremely enjoyable. 

“My family celebrates Hanukkah and even though I don’t celebrate Christmas I still love the movie Elf,” Junior Cody Brick stated.         

Christmas will be here before you know it and the perfect way to get into the cheerful holiday spirit is to get all snuggled up and watch these adorable movies! 

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

Expectations for the Last Jedi

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

Crazy Candy Cane Flavors Take Over Christmas

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

Preview & Predictions for Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

Alum Visit for 3rd Annual Career Day

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

The Journey with Braces

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

Best Places to Eat on Frederick Road

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

How to Do Tgiving Vegan-Style

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

Spirit Week 2017 Recap

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

Comets Fall to Kenwood in Homecoming Match-Up

• Top Movies to Watch this Christmas

Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

Top Movies to Watch this Christmas