My First Homecoming

David Murray, Staff

For first-time (and repeat-time) students, the CHS 2017 Homecoming was an event to experience, regardless whether it was seen as a fun and crazy event or a way to hang with friends. Students stepped out of their comfort zones and into their dancing shoes (or even crowd-surfed!). The DJ played some popular songs, and some students, both new and experienced, got a little wild and did stupid things, but things were under control, and fun was held by all. 

When students arrived at Homecoming, they were handed a glow necklace; foam sticks that flashed red blue and green were sold by the Boosters for the Arts. TheDJ brought a smoke machine that went off at random times and engulphed the crowd of people in front of the DJ booth. 

“You know, for my first Homecoming I had a lot of fun, and I will definitely be coming next year,” freshman Logan Lentz commented. There really wasn’t too much dancing it was more of just people jumping up and down and inappropriate touching of bodies.  

Even those who didn’t like the music and dancing liked the chance to be with friends. 

“I thought Homecoming was going to be really boring and just a crowd of people in a hot room. That kind of what Homecoming was basically, but there was fun conversation and dancing,” freshman Nate Brooks explained. 

The crowd of people was separated by class. The seniors were in the front, the juniors were behind them, the sophomores were behind them, then the freshman were at the very back of the crowd.  

“I tried to get to the front of the crowd and I was pushed out by seniors, so I was stuck at the back of the crowd,” freshman Megan McDaniel said. 

Students coming to school having used drugs or alcohol, or students who were smoking outside, were also noted by some first-time attendees, although the administration and security worked to prevent and control any situations. 

• My First Homecoming

Tgiving Dinner: Home vs. Going Out

• My First Homecoming

Spirit Week 2017 Recap

• My First Homecoming

Comets Fall to Kenwood in Homecoming Match-Up

• My First Homecoming

Mixed Farmhouse Greens Review

• My First Homecoming

Top 10 Costume Ideas for Hijabis

• My First Homecoming

Spirit Week Traditions, Rules an Annual Concern

• My First Homecoming

High Schoolers and Their Lack of Sleep

• My First Homecoming

New CHS Fall Play: ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’

• My First Homecoming

Go Home Freshmen: Tradition or Torment?

• My First Homecoming

Top Ten Halloween Costumes for 2017

My First Homecoming