Junior Year is THE year!

Karin Jones, Staff

Do you ever feel the stress of preparing to get into a competitive four-year college? The pressure of having a high GPA, incredible SAT scores, many extracurricular activities, and parental concerns about getting into the “right” college?

Students are told from their freshman year on that junior year is THE year. It is the year most evaluated by colleges to see if you are a well-rounded student. They check to see if are you ready to take on this big responsibility, and if you are academically ready to be a student, without a teacher “holding your hand” through the process?

The teachers are excited to know your plans after high school. Senior Sarah Heiland states that  teachers are another constant pressure because of their  “college-based” conversations with students. Teachers are geared to motivating you that you will be in the real world sooner than later.

If that’s not enough, according to Harvard University, colleges aren’t only looking for your grades, SAT scores, and extracurricular involvement–they want to know your character. Are you a diverse and outgoing person  who will contribute to the college’s community?

Junior year is the year that counts since it is the SAT year. It is best to have a plan before you take the SATs so you can have a goal. Colleges expect that you can keep up with your grades by taking challenging classes such as AP, and put in quality effort on homework, classwork, and tests.

Senior Tyonne Perry offered that it is important to “know what you want to do, and don’t wait too late”.

Junior year is the year to bring your best, so you don’t have to stress as much in your senior year with preparing for college. All the challenging classes that will be taken senior year will not weigh heavily during the college admission. It’s all about throwing off the pressure your senior year since colleges only will be able to see your junior year and first semester of your senior.

Senior Ci’Ovian Brown expresses you are preparing to be the “next generation of seniors.”

That is motivation that you are closer to graduating and moving on to your dreams.

Don’t get distracted. Relax.You’re going to junior and senior prom, and you will be able to have fun. Junior year is a reminder that all your hard work is going to pay off in some way!

• Junior Year is THE year!

• Junior Year is THE year!

• Junior Year is THE year!

• Junior Year is THE year!

• Junior Year is THE year!

• Junior Year is THE year!

• Junior Year is THE year!

• Junior Year is THE year!

• Junior Year is THE year!

• Junior Year is THE year!

Junior Year is THE year!