Prom Proposal Preparations

Marlin Moore, Staff

As the prom season comes to a close here at CHS, many students are already planning their proposals for next year.

Every year, students come up with cute and exciting ways to ask their potential date to these important dances. Students in high schools across the nation go all out to find creative and innovative ways to invite their high school sweethearts, romantic interests, and good friends to junior and senior proms.

Social media fuels most of the pressure to create promposals. Often times, promposals can get very competitive, and social media gives people the outlet to flaunt the proposals they’ve either received or created.

“I always see people posting pictures of their promposals on Instagram. If I were a guy, I would be nervous that my proposal wouldn’t be creative or cute enough. I feel like there is a lot of pressure on the boys,” said freshman Caitlyn Baeck.

MTV has even released a new series titled Promposal. It is watched by many teenagers, some of whom are students at CHS.

“I watched the show a few times. All of the ideas were so unique, but some seemed like too much effort when into them. I feel like guys shouldn’t spend hours on a project just to ask a girl to prom,” added junior Camryn Genter.

Many students here have created their own unique promposals as well. Senior Kenny McGhee talked about how he prom-proposed to his girlfriend.

He drove almost an hour from Catonsville to College Park, where his girlfriend attends University of Maryland, and had a poster ready for her.

“I wanted to show her how much I cared by doing something unexpected but cool,” McGhee explained.

Senior Drew Meyers also went all out for his girlfriend.

He showed up to his girlfriend’s senior night golf match after a blowout win and proposed to her surprisingly.

“I didn’t really know what I was going to do but I knew it had to be good,” Meyers said.

With every year people going bigger and beyond than the previous, it is almost hard to do something unique without it being cheesey or lame.

Senior Rashad Hatch had a different approach for his prom proposal. He proposed to his date in lunch during the school day here at CHS. It received immediate energy from the students in that lunch period..

“I was very scared to do it in front of so many people, but you only live once. Sometimes you have to conquer your fear,” explained Hatch.

The prom season puts a lot on students. Being original and stepping out of a comfort zone for your special someone can be quite hard, but when it happens provides memories that will last a lifetime.

• Prom Proposal Preparations

• Prom Proposal Preparations

• Prom Proposal Preparations

• Prom Proposal Preparations

• Prom Proposal Preparations

• Prom Proposal Preparations

• Prom Proposal Preparations

• Prom Proposal Preparations

• Prom Proposal Preparations

• Prom Proposal Preparations

Prom Proposal Preparations