Winter vs. Fall Sports

Emma Meacham, Staff

Winter sports are here, folks! One question that goes around the school a lot is “Are you going to the basketball game tonight?” Some students love winter sports season, while others prefer the fall season better.

“It’s always a great time! I get to link up with friends and watch some good, competitive basketball” said sophomore Asiah Taylor. “I like the winter season more because it is indoors, but it’s good to be able to get out of the house and be in a friendly school environment where we aren’t learning.”

Some students like both of the seasons, and a great number of these people are athletes.

Freshman Maddie McLean isn’t picky about seasons.

“I love both seasons so much! I get along with all the girls and I am grateful to be able to play with them everyday,” she explained. McLean is a fall and winter athlete on the Girls Junior-Varsity Volleyball Team and the Girl Varsity Basketball Team here at Catonsville.

Other students at Catonsville aren’t the biggest fans of sports, so when given an option between fall or winter, they choose neither.

“I’ve never been much of a sports person,” said sophomore Kayla Smith. “I’d rather just hang out with friends at the mall or go to Dunkin Donuts.”

Everyone has his or her reasons for either liking winter and fall sports, or not liking either of the sport seasons. One main reason people like the sport seasons is because it’s a good opportunity to be with friends.

“The main reason I go to the basketball and football games is to be able to chill with friends. Often times I find myself with people that I wouldn’t normally hang out with outside of school,” sophomore Hannah Abdelmegid said.

Most people agree that these games bring the CHS students together to watch a good game and have fun.

Sophomore Jamarii Tyson summed up the seasons perfectly.

“The sport seasons are great,” he explained, “whether we win or lose. It brings a great feeling knowing everyone is together, and getting along. There are no stress or worries and the main goal is winning the game. It makes Catonsville feel more like a community rather than a school, which is an amazing feeling.”

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

Tips and Tricks for your Senior Interview

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

Tips on How to Fill Out a Perfect Bracket

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

Confessions of a Chapstick Junkie

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

National Champs in Your Own Backyard: Bennett Blazers

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

One American Perspective From Another

• Winter vs. Fall Sports

Rogue One, Meh

Winter vs. Fall Sports