Participate in the CHS Annual Turkey Trot

Alexis Kahler, Staff

The CHS Turkey Trot, held at CHS each Thanksgiving morning, will be entering its 14th year this year. As many Catonsville residents know, the Trot is a fun filled day with friends, family, music and prizes. It serves as an annual fundraiser for the CHS Cross Country team, and it also supports scholarships and other CHS functions.

Kids are welcome to help start the day with the 1-mile fun run at 8:10 am, followed by the 5k race at 8:30 am which is open to all ages.

For the competitive and athletic, the Turkey Trot is a real cross-country course. The first 300m of the race is on the road, but the rest is a mixture of twist and turns and ups and downs around the CHS campus.

“The course has a variety of terrain,” former participant Shannon Gamber said.

For those who are not competitors or even athletes, there is a walking option that gives participants a chance to catch up with old friends and see the beautiful campus.

When everyone has finished the race, the award presentation begins at 9:45 am.

The Turkey Trot is not just an event to hang out with family and friends, but it is also a good chance to exercise close to home, outdoors, and with community members.

Exercise as simple as walking can improve mood and give a great boost of energy. At this time of the year, with the cold weather, it’s hard to get out of the house, but the Turkey Trot is the perfect opportunity to get out and get active.

The Turkey Trot will be on Thanksgiving morning, November 23, 2017.

For more information and registration details, visit the Catonsville Turkey Trot website below.

https://www.active.com/baltimore-md/running/distance-running-races/14th-annual-chs-xc-turkey-trot-2017