Heroes of CHS Students

Lauryl Thomas, Staff

Having a role model or any kind of inspiration is important because it helps people make good decisions, provides inspiration and support when a person feels that he or she needs it, and offers examples of how to live a fulfilling life.

It’s interesting to see what inspires others to live life to the fullest and what motives others to do their best and what they do.

“My role model is my mother because she does a lot for me,” said sophomore Kayla Smith.

Some of the most popular role models are Beyoncé , Ellen DeGeneres, Jesus Christ,  and Barack Obama. All of these people are very motivational and inspiring and have accomplished a lot in their lives.

“My role model is Adele because I love her music and all that she has done; she has come really far and she inspires me to try and do a lot,” said Nyidescia Williams.

Role models help people stay focused and help motivate them to accomplish things they never thought they could do.

“My role model is my mom and Emma Watson because my mom is always there for me, and Emma Watson is my favorite actor who inspires my dreams of being an actress,” commented junior Sara Curtian.

They also can help people stay positive and try new things and encourage them to try more and live a bit more too.

“Yousef Erakat [is my hero] because he inspires me to not give up and motivates me to keep on trying and keep pushing on even if you fall,” said sophomore Brandon Hernandez.

According to Marilyn Price-Mitchell PhD, components that make people a role model are that they are passionate, have the ability to inspire others, and have clear set of values. Other components are they have a commitment to their community, are selfless and accept others, and finally have the ability to overcome obstacles.

“What I think makes someone a role model is if they are kind and can motivate me in a positive way,” said freshman Sarah Ager.

According to Marty Zwilling, why people admire who they admire is because they believe in what there admires do, and, at times, people get lost or feel insecure and look for someone for guidance to lead them.

“My role models are my parents because of their achievements they have made and how successful they are,” commented freshman Emily Batman.

• Heroes of CHS Students

• Heroes of CHS Students

• Heroes of CHS Students

• Heroes of CHS Students

• Heroes of CHS Students

• Heroes of CHS Students

• Heroes of CHS Students

• Heroes of CHS Students

• Heroes of CHS Students

• Heroes of CHS Students

Heroes of CHS Students