Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

Van Hmung, Staff

Many of junior students at Catonsville High School are taking SAT prep-math and SAT and SAT prep- reading/writing as their elective classes to help them prepare for the real SAT test.

According to College Board, the Scholastic Aptitude Test  is used as an admission test accepted by all U.S colleges. It provides consistent feedback across assessments to help students stay on course. Scores from the SAT, the PSAT/NMSQT, are also used to identify candidates for the National Merit Scholarship Programs.

SAT is very important for students to get into colleges, and every student across the nation wants to get a good scores on it so that they can receive the benefit SAT scores offer.

Junior Kittipoj “Sun” Jirapongsananur, an exchange student from Thailand, is taking SAT Prep-Math and SAT Prep– Reading/Writing as his elective classes to help him prepare for the real SAT test.

“It’s a really good class to take especially if you are stressing about the SATs. We are learning new strategies to break down big SAT questions into smaller and understandable questions, and focus on the topic that are struggling for us,” Jirapongsananur commented.

Jirapongsananur also reported that before taking the class, he spent about 20 minutes per question on the SAT test. But after taking the class, he has improved his timing by spending 12 minutes per question with better scores by 110 points.

However, some students reported that the class is not really helping them prepare for the SAT.

Junior Megan Ovungal who just finished taking SAT prep for reading/writing stated that she didn’t learn  much new in reading, and preferred the online study guide and practices from Collegeboard.com to help her prepare for the SAT.

Taking the SAT prep classes and taking online study guides is not the only option for junior students to prepare for the SAT.

Junior Boi Thang said that his math teacher, Marianne Davies, gives his class study guide packets and SAT questions for homework to prepare them for the SAT. He is also preparing himself by taking SAT practice tests.

There are many ways to prepare for the SAT. Don’t get distracted or hesitated. Relax. Students can take the SAT Prep Classes that are offered for electives or practice online on Collegeboard.com to help prepare for the SAT.

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

• Down to the Wire for SAT Prep

Down to the Wire for SAT Prep