St. Patrick’s Day Slime DIY
March 16, 2017
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner where everyone tries to find good luck by catching a leprechaun or finding a four-leaf clover. This year, a popular DIY project has struck Earth, and everyone is trying it!
St Patrick’s Day Slime
2 cups of White Washable Elmer’s Glue
15-20 drops of green food coloring to the shade of your liking
2 ½ cup of water
½ cup of gold glitter
1 spoon on borax
A pair of latex gloves
- First, gather all materials on a table. Pour 2 cups of white Elmer’s glue into one bowl.
- Add 1 ½ cup of warm water into the bowl, then add 15-20 drops of green food coloring to your liking.
- Add ½ cup of gold glitter into the first bowl.
- In another bowl, add 1 spoon of borax with 1 cup of warm water. Make sure to mix the borax and warm water before proceeding to the next step.
- Pour the substance in bowl two to bowl one
- Mix with a spoon at first. When it starts getting sticky, it is best to mix with your hand. If not comfortable to use bare hands, you can use latex gloves. Mix until not sticky, but not too liquid.
- If it is not the green shade to your liking, you may add more drops of green food coloring into the slime and mix until balanced.
- After mixing, your slime is practically finished! All you have to do now is put the slime in a dry container. Make sure to put it in the refrigerator when not in use. If the slime is somehow too runny or too sticky, try kneading the slime for another couple minutes(10-15 minutes). If it still doesn’t work, then add another spoon of borax with a cup of warm water to your slime. Remember to mix the borax solution well!
- Have fun and be sure to play with your friends! Sharing your recipe would be nice as well. Sharing is caring.
- When playing with slime, make sure to be quick and nimble, so the slime won’t stick to your fingers.
- Make sure to wash your hands after you play with slime because there is a possibility that there are many germs inside after many people touched it.
- Have fun!